Fantastic what can be accomplished with just a few tables. Playtested this and the escalating horror was tangible. From just the slightly weird shit like clocks ringing to blowing up a moth monster with dynamite on a beached riverboat, all while taking some beautiful photographs. Great fun!
The Bark Witch of Carcass Country
A downloadable horror swampcrawl
The Bark Witch of Carcass Country is a procedural pointcrawl for FRONTIER SCUM. It consists of tables encompassing:
- Adventure hooks to lure scum to the swamp
- Antagonist motivation to add depth and guide the story
- Locations that provide (un)safe spaces for PCs
- Exploration via an overloaded, exploding encounter table that escalates the plot
- Mundane and strange creatures with full stat blocks
- Signs of the Bark Witch to sow dread and chaos
The module can be run purely randomly, as a pick-and-choose toolkit, or anywhere in between.
Depending on the rolls and approach, it works as a one-shot or a multi-session adventure.
The Bark Witch of Carcass Country is an independent production by Walton Wood and is not affiliated with Den of Druids. It is published under the FRONTIER SCUM Third-Party License. FRONTIER SCUM is copyright Den of Druids.
In order to download this horror swampcrawl you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files: